Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Anniversary

So, yesterday was our 1 year anniversary and we celebrated with an evening at home and my cooking. I tell you, it was slightly more stressful than I had thought it would be. I rushed home from class and headed to the grocery store for a couple more things and I started on cooking this special meal.
On the menu:
Stuffed mushrooms
Ribeye steaks
Roasted vegetables
Dinner rolls
Wedding cake (of course)

I was thoroughly surprised with myself, everything turned out perfect. The roasted veggies actually turned out to be the best dish and it my first time making it! And thanks to my mom, the cake was as delicious as it was the first time. And of course I had to dress the table up a little with the flowers Jason had left on the table for me when I arrived home as the centerpiece.

Aren't they beautiful?? He knows I love this over a vase full of roses and the gladiolas absolutely made the arrangement, we had them everywhere at the wedding, they were my great-grandfathers favorite flower. 





Table before food.  I think I did a pretty good job with my vintage candle holders, also used at the wedding I might add, along with the cake stand. 



Those steaks were huge, and surprisingly, the least delicious part of the meal, everything else turned out so wonderfully!



This, my roasted vegetables, were definitely the highlight of the meal, absolutely delicious with potatoes, red and green peppers, asparagus, and mushrooms, with various seasonings. YUM.



And last but not least, our cake.  French Vanilla, with buttercream icing, and covered in white chocolate shavings.  It was absolutely just as delicious as it was the day we first ate it.  


This was by far, the best 1st anniversary I could have ever asked for.  Not to mention the best husband a girl could ask for, he's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs