Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Moose

So, I saw this project on Pinterest and decided that I needed to do it.  What could be better than a glittery reindeer?  Or moose in my case.  So I'm partial to moose. But I suppose you could do any silhouette you like!

This is what you'll need:
A canvas of any size (mine is 18'x24')
Glitter
Elmer's liquid glue
A pencil
Q-tips
A cut-out of whatever silhouette you'd like



Print out a silhouette to fit your canvas.  In the next picture you can see where I had to print my picture onto several pieces of paper in sections to fit my canvas.  


Then cut the picture out and trace it, if yours is like mine and doesn't match up exactly right, you'll have to use your imagination and draw in the spaces and make your own adjustments. 







Supplies! 



My final sketch!  Next, you'll squirt the glue all over your sketch and use the Q-tips to spread it around and get the glue into the little spaces.  

Warning:  I got my glue too thick, thinking it would dry out before I could get the glitter on, but instead I ended up with a two day wait for the glue to dry!



Once you get the glue spread out, cover in glitter!  Pour it on heavy, don't be shy!



 

Once the glue was dry, I took a paper towel and guided the loose glitter onto a paper plate, I had some un-glittered spots and used the excess glitter to cover those with more glue as well.  Continue to do this until you're satisfied with the coverage and look and take your canvas outside or where ever you can to get the remained glitter off. 

And this is what I came up with! 







I've yet to either frame it or hang it, I made it with the holiday season in mind, so we'll see where it ends up, but I love it! 

Here is the link to the original blog, Daisy Dreaming http://justdaisydreaming.blogspot.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs