Where Did My Hair Go?

5:41 PM

I never cut my hair. It's always long and has no shape, but, I love it anyway. Regardless of how many times my mother tells me to cut it or how awful the ends look, (#whatevs) you can't have long hair if you cut it, therefore, I never cut more than a couple inches off twice a year.

This was until, last semester, in one of my education classes, a current Student Teacher came to talk to us about Student Teaching, answering questions, etc., but all I could concentrate on was her super long, lifeless, somewhat..stringy..hair. #GirlNo Longer than mine of course, but it was at that moment I realized I didn't want to be that girl. 

So I gave myself the summer with my long hair, it's so easy in the summer with braids, buns, and such, and I would cut it right before school started.  I'm one of those girls with forever long hair that wants to (sometimes does) cry after cutting a couple inches off, but I guess it doesn't seem so bad after preparing yourself for months. #InsertBreathingExercises 

So...I did it. I cut it off. 6 whole inches...maybe plus some. But I did it. And although I really miss it, I love it! I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do with it, (yes, I know, dumb, don't judge me) since I can't even remember the last time it was this short. (Short to me) So, if you have any tips, tricks, or styles for me to try, please share! 

Before 



After




I think it makes my current color look even better, now, I'm debating on keeping it up or going darker for fall...oh my... #WhiteGirlProblems



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE the haircut, especially with the soft waves! I think that hair needs a good 'chop' every few years to spruce it back up again! And I know that it feels short to you, but your hair still looks long and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook