Inspired

10:02 PM

We've all had someone in our lives who's been a huge inspiration to us, someone we want to strive to be like when we, "grow up."  For me, my parents and grandparents have been my biggest inspiration in more ways than one.  My family was and is a huge spiritual influence, teaching me of God's love and how he will always take care of me as long as I strive to do his will.  They taught me how important an education is, and allowed me to change my major more than once, even when they knew I would eventually figure out Dental Hygiene is NOT for me.  Even though it may have taken longer to finish because of me changing my mind, I never felt afraid that I wouldn't succeed in anything I worked hard at because I had both their and God's love and support. 

Going into education, I see first hand that not all children have what I was blessed with.  Not all children have someone to look up to, someone to gently push them forward when needed but always standing just far enough back to catch them when they fall and stand them up again.  This, is what I want to be for all of my students.  I've had an exceptional example of this in my mom, an exceptional teacher.  I want to inspire students, especially those who might ever think of giving up.  More important than a 4.0 GPA, is the strength to carry on and know you have what it takes to finish what you've started when times are hard.  This, is my job.  And as I begin my first, last day as a student, and my first day of spending every day in a classroom where I'm a/the teacher, I take this quote with me. 



Another quote I found on Pinterest.  I love this quote so much, it completely describes my goals as a teacher, and even a "blogger."  I want to inspire people, like people have inspired me. 


Who inspires you? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook